The 2017 Food Safety and Security Conference comes from the demand from our industry players as well as our mission…
- Event Date
- September 11-12, 2017 9am-5pm
- Jewels Resort and Golf Club - Runaway Bay, Jamaica
- Topics / Sessions ..
- Setting the scene in food safety – global perspectives
- Building a robust FS programme, what does it look like?
- Understanding FSMA and the Foreign Suppliers Verification Programme. Caribbean readiness
- Food safety cost of profit – a tourism concern
- Food fraud – a paradigm shift
- Politics of genetically modified foods, past, present and future
- A HACCP importance in FS management – can we rely on it?
- Innovative and new technology in fresh food preservation
- Auditing HACCP systems in food premises
- Microorganisms of importance in food plants
- Allergens, the hidden hazards on your menu… how to protect your profits through labelling compliance
- Food traceability, consumer rights through labelling
- Topics / Sessions
- Motivation over penalty, FS cultural challenges
- Caribbean updates on foodborne illness trends… global perspectives
- Reflection on food safety learning – the journey for industry
- Community Tourism implications, opportunities and threats
- Effectiveness if FS enforcement in different cultures
- Developing an environmental monitoring program for small and medium sized enterprises
- FS for fresh produce
- Readiness in export – What does it mean?
- Implementing FS management through risk assessment (Safer food for Better Business, (SFBB)
- Case study: Getting it right the first time… importance in Export a fresh approach
- Labelling laws – understanding what is required for nutrition labelling
- FS Manager proctor examination